An account of our wonderful life to share with friends and family!(also our blog!)
Friday, February 11, 2011
Learning to Find Romance Where You Can
Matt and I renewed our vows in December- see above:)- since then we have re-instituted weekly date night. So just a few days ago as I was planning our date(we take turns) I thought I want to find a cheap hotel- thats what we really want is just some time alone. So I found a Motel 6 for $40.00 and I thought 40 dollars for an evening of uninterrupted romance and talking or 40 dollars for overpriced mediocre food at a crowded restraunt? Obviously the hotel won out. Matt picked me up from work and off we went, so exciting til I opened the door of the 40 dollar motel room(smoking). OMG! The minute I opened the door the stench hit me. As I stood there gasping and trying not to breathe, Matt walks in the room, now we are both gasping and then we both start laughing. Thank God we have the same sense of humor!! Out to the car to get a Yankee candle car jar which we hung on a light switch- nothing is going to ruin our alone time!-then the auto febreeze- we sprayed the carpet(we beleive that was the culprit), we sprayed the drapes, I sniffed the bed not the smell, whew! Then I said give me a cigarette to light that will help! As I am smoking Matt goes "I know!" and gets out his AXE body spray and goes nuts spraying! By then we are both in hysterics, shortly after, we no longer notice the smell because we are having such a blast! Learning to find romance where you can...and humor... is one of our best traitts as a couple and we are better off for it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment